- Applicants must be an Indigenous or non-Indigenous full-time or part-time student registered and attending the ¶«¾©ČČapp.
- Applicants must be enrolled in the First Nations Language Instructor Certificate program.
- Minimum academic standing of applicantās program.
- Applicants can only receive this scholarship once per academic year.
- Applicants must be a resident of Saskatchewan.
The United Nations General Assembly (Resolution A/RES/74/135) proclaimed the period between 2022 and 2032 as the International Decade of Indigenous Languages to draw global attention to the critical situation of many Indigenous languages and to mobilize stakeholders and resources for their preservation, revitalization and promotion. The importance of protecting and revitalizing Indigenous languages in Canada was reiterated during the Council of Ministers of Education, Canadaās Symposium on Indigenizing Education hosted in Saskatchewan in summer 2022.
Applicants must submit a ¶«¾©ČČapp General Scholarship Application package by the October 31 and February 28, deadline which includes:
- A completed application form.
- An unofficial copy of current transcripts.
- A resume and cover letter indicating the importance of language and how the scholarship will assist applicants to reach their goal of teaching an Indigenous language in their community.
- Two letters of reference, one from an employer or colleague.